Design the FIRST Official Neighborhood Center T-shirt!
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MIDNIGHT, OCT. 7!
Calling all high school and college students ages 14-22 who enjoy graphic design, art, design and T-shirts! The Neighborhood Center of West Volusia is seeking students who attend school in or live in West Volusia County, Florida, to design one-of-a-kind T-shirts to increase awareness of The Neighborhood Center of West Volusia’s mission to serve the homeless, feed the hungry and prevent homelessness in West Volusia County.
The winner will be announced at our October 24 breakfast event as the designer of the official 2019 Neighborhood Center T-shirt and win $100 in Mainstreet Dollars. And, The Neighborhood Center will display the winning design for one year on its property and/or official vehicle(s) and share the news far and wide online and beyond!
HOW TO ENTER AND WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT!
Entering is easy!
Create your design and tell us in 250 words or less how your design helps promotes The Neighborhood Center’s mission of serving the homeless, feeding the hungry and preventing homelessness and submit it by midnight, Sunday, Oct. 7.
The T-shirt design must incorporate the following:
• Only three colors: Red, black, gray (white space is permitted, too)
• a house image
• a heart image
• the hashtag #LoveLocal
Design submissions — a PDF graphic and up to 250-word write-up — must be submitted by midnight, Sunday, Oct. 5, 2018, via this upload link. Please include your name, email address, and school.
Our Community Judges Your Design
- Judging begins Oct. 8.
- The shortlisting judging panel will consist of staff, volunteers and donors.
- Designs will be judged based on quality and relevance
- The final round of submissions will be placed in the hands of The Neighborhood Center’s Facebook fans for judging Oct. 12-16. Be sure to like and follow our Facebook page to stay abreast of the votes!
- The rulings of the shortlisting panel and Facebook fans are final.
Win Gifts and Fame!
- $100 in Mainstreet Dollars to be used at Mainstreet DeLand Association merchants
- 2 t-shirts of their winning design
- publicity of the design on our website, social media and e-mail marketing an on The Neighborhood Center’s property and/or official vehicle
Finalist will be notified after a Facebook fan vote for the winning design.
Please note any designs chosen in the contest become the creative property of the Neighborhood Center of West Volusia and will be used for fundraising marketing purposes for the agency.
Good luck and thank you for supporting The Neighborhood Center of West Volusia!