Are you or someone you know experiencing homelessness? We may be able to help.
We work with our community partners to meet our mission of feeding the hungry, housing the homeless and preventing homelessness in DeLand and West Volusia County.
Our housing programs
We provide emergency and transitional housing for homeless individuals and families in crisis. These programs provide a hand-up, not a hand-out as our clients receive life and job counseling and referrals in a supportive drug-and alcohol-free environment.
Our housing programs include:
- Emergency housing for 10 individuals for up to 30 days
- Transitional housing for up to 30 people for up to one year
- Heart House, which provides shelter to as many as 12 single- and two-parent families each year
Click here to learn more about the Neighborhood Center’s housing programs.
The Neighborhood Center of West Volusia offers other crucial services to feed the hungry and help extremely low income people remain in their homes.
These services include:
- Emergency Food Bank providing bagged groceries for the hungry in our community
- Daily Food Pantry to serve the hungry on a daily basis
- Emergency Bill Assistance to help needy renters and homeowners pay their electric, gas and water bills
- Thrift Shoppe that provides clothing, furniture and household items
- Crisis counseling
- Referral services
- Living skills groups
If you require our services, please call us at 386-734-8120 or visit us at 434 S. Woodland Blvd., DeLand. We will treat you with the dignity and privacy you deserve.